Saturday, September 13, 2014

Why we do the things we do?

It's a question my best friend and I have been discussing a lot lately... Why we, as people, do the things we do? What are our motives? (specifically in relation to social media)

So this is my question for the world or anyone who's anyone and uses Facebook, Twitter, Intsagram, has a blog, posts anything anywhere, or makes a comment... Why do we do/post/like/comment/use the social media that we do? What are our motives?

Do we think we need to put up a facade, that we have some perfect life when in reality its full of hard times, long hours at work, school, studying, disappointments. Or maybe life really is that easy; full of trips, good food, hors of free time to workout, happy people, perfect clothing, never ending money...is that life? If it is... tell me where I can find it.

What I think and maybe I'm wrong... actually I'm sure people will disagree with me, but social media is a place to escape. We often post the good just so we can escape the bad. When someone likes your picture or retweets something funny you say, how good do you feel? REAL GOOD.... right? and now I'm not saying that social media is bad... I'm right there with every mommy blogger and teenage tweeter that it's nice to feel important to your followers and it's fun to be funny and make others laugh. And let's be honest, don't we all take part in this social media, because we ourselves want to think about the good life, and escape our own less than Instagram worry moments. No one wants to read about failed tests and break ups anyways... so why is it that we do what we do?

To please our followers, to make ourselves feel good, to be something we aren't, or maybe to practice our photo editing skills... Honestly I can't say I know, but I think its just something to think about, the next time you post that sexy selfie on Instagram, ask yourself... 'What message am I sending to the world?' 'What are my motives?' and then with no shame, post it. What do you have to loose... maybe some followers or some dignity, but who needs those anyways :)

Let me know what you think about all this... Why do we do/post/like/comment/use the social media that we do?

No comments:

Post a Comment